Here’s a to-do list of shaders I’d like to give a shot… at least in the following year. So by the size of this timeframe you can guess the list is pretty lengthy. :P
Hit the jump for the full list…
- Environment-based lighting – diffuse/ambient/specular convolution using spherical harmonics
Offline ambient occlusion (into vertex color channel)– DONE!
- Anisotropic lighting/hair rendering
- Interactive water using normal-map/parallax-map splatting, or dynamic FFT texture generation
- True-ish HDR – tone-mapping, exponents/factors in high-pass alpha channel, floating-point textures
- Per-object shadow maps (orthogonally constrained)
- Percentage-closer soft shadow maps
- Depth-tested, depth-scaled soft stencil shadows
- Radial blur, radial bloom
Real transparent shadow maps– Pretty much done…
- Depth peeling
And uh… that’s it for now.
I won’t go in details for each item, but google and you’ll see what it’s about. They’re pretty “industry-standard” terms.